Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not showing previously purchased songs

My Apple TV seems to have lost all my purchased songs from the Music app. In addition, if I search for any of the songs in the app it will be marked as purchased but won't let me play it or even show it under the purchased section of the app. I had not changed the Apple ID or any other settings when this happened and have since tried restoring the factory settings before setting up my Apply ID again.

While I get that Apple TV can use Home Sharing or Airplay to stream my music from my iTunes library I prefer to be able to simply play my purchased music straight from the Apple TV without having to connect another device. Have Apple made some changes recently that prevent me to playing the music I've paid for or can anyone suggest how I get my purchased songs back onto my Apple TV?

This is very frustrating

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:03 PM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2015 3:08 PM in response to Winston Churchill

That says UK - have tried changing it and then changing it back but it hasn't made any difference. Still can't see or play any of my purchased music in the Music App on Apple TV.

Does iTunes on my Macbook Pro even have an impact on that anyway? Surely it's just more to do with how Apple TV is accessing my Apple ID account that is likely to be the problem - it's as if something is preventing the Apple TV from accessing my previous music purchases. Any thoughts?

Jul 31, 2015 1:47 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston,

So I think I found the problem. It appears I may have somehow hidden my purchases from my iTunes account meaning I was unable to see them from other devices via the cloud. I may have done this when I created a separate iTunes library on my Macbook (to link up a new work iPhone) and then removed all the music.

Following the direction from this link Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support - I unhide the purchases and hey presto! they appeared back in on my Apple TV music app.

Thanks for your help though

Tom

Apple TV not showing previously purchased songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.