Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Add Loops to GarageBand 10.1

I have a whole bunch of 3rd party .aif loops I recently purchased. When I drag them into the Loops section of GarageBand 10.1, nothing happens. They don't show up.

I can't find any documentation addressing this issue.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:19 PM

Plain air files are not the format for Apple Loops. You can turn them into regular loops by dragging each loop onto an audio track.

Then select the audio region in the track and use the command "File > Add to Loop Library".

If you want the loop to conform to the tempo and the pitch of the projects like a regular loop, set the project to the tempo and the key of your audio file, before you add the loop to the track.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 2:19 PM in response to myredwagon

Plain air files are not the format for Apple Loops. You can turn them into regular loops by dragging each loop onto an audio track.

Then select the audio region in the track and use the command "File > Add to Loop Library".

If you want the loop to conform to the tempo and the pitch of the projects like a regular loop, set the project to the tempo and the key of your audio file, before you add the loop to the track.

Can't Add Loops to GarageBand 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.