Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please suggest how i can prevent stain damage to macbook pro retina ar coqting

also please tell me whether you have encountered this problem.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:26 PM

14 replies

Jul 28, 2015 7:44 AM in response to temutod

Since the coating can be worn off by using the apple cloth and plain water. You could leave the display open and never touch/clean it, but how practical is that. Not much can be done to prevent it until Apple officially recognizes, determines the cause and does a recall. Otherwise no matter how careful you are, it may still start occurring after 8+ months of ownership. Fingers crossed you might be one of the unaffected users, only time will tell.

Jul 28, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Bear Hunter

Since they say its cosmetic, I wouldn't expect anything has changed in the coating. The majority suggest, there is no wear for the first six months. The new model should start showing in the next few months to year mark (depending when purchased). I'm inclined to think they will be affected as well. There has been no word from Apple to suggest otherwise. Its best to scan the main thread occasionally for 2015 owner comments.

Jul 29, 2015 7:59 AM in response to temutod

i said that based on my experience with ipad and smart cover. i have never felt the need for manual cleaning with it. also the reviews on this product are surprisingly positive . since you own mbp 2015 could you tell me what temperature does cpu reach (in summer environment) and which application you usually use to measure it?

Jul 29, 2015 12:07 PM in response to temutod

Not sure on the temp. Only had this rMBP a few weeks. The laptop has never gotten hot or really warm yet. I just picked up another rMBP today for my wife today (the 13" model) so I have two new ones will keep my eye on. While I was making my purchase, I showed the Apple sales people the long thread about the rMBP screen and the anti reflection coating issue, and they seemed surprised. They did tell me that if it's under warrantee or Apple Care that it would be taken care of. They seemed genuinely interested in the subject, so I bookmarked it for them on one of their display computers so they could read it in it's entirety later. They did make a comment about maybe trying to not clean the screen while the computer is on and said maybe the heat from the screen and cleaning could have something to do with it? I know that the AR coating shouldn't deteriorate cleaning with the screen on and it is still a defect, but I'm willing to give it a shot, it couldn't hurt.

please suggest how i can prevent stain damage to macbook pro retina ar coqting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.