Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove my credit card payment information if I have family sharing?

How can I remove my credit card information from iTunes if I have family sharing? I don't want to use the card I have on file. I only want to use the iTunes credit.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:54 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Mommylegss4

Hello there Mommylegss4,

It sounds like you would like to remove your credit card from your organizers account in Family Sharing. Unlike a non Family Sharing account you cannot remove the credit card info from the organizers account. You can Change it but cannot remove it:

Family purchases and payments

When you set up Family Sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite and that you have a valid payment method on file. Valid payment methods for setting up Family Sharing include credit cards and debit cards. You can change the billing method on file in your account at any time in your iTunes & App Store account settings.

You can however put credit onto your account to prevent the card on the account from incurring charges:

Redeem and use iTunes Gift Cards and content codes

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

How can I remove my credit card payment information if I have family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.