Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Crashing (10.9.5, 9.5.1, Time Machine)

I am running 10.9.5, and am trying to boot up iPhoto (9.5.1). I have recently set up a new Mac using Time Machine. When I try to run iPhoto, I get this message: "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto." I hit upgrade, and the application quits.When I look at my iPhoto Library folder (which won't open because I can't run iPhoto, etc.), I notice that it has my pictures (`500 MB worth), but is listed as type Anything, if that helps.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:38 PM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi and thank you. My library is backed up on Time Machine. Tried your suggestion. I get the same message : "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto" when I hit Rebuild. And then it crashes.

Would looking at a crash log help? I checked my Logs folder, but there's nothing there. Is there a Terminal command I can try, if a crash log would be useful?

iPhoto Crashing (10.9.5, 9.5.1, Time Machine)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.