Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate photos and videos using icloud photo library

I recently started using icloud photo library on both my iphone 6 and my macbook pro. I've noticed a couple things:

My photos automatically upload to the cloud from my phone, as do my videos. When i connect my iphone to my mac, it wants to import photos. When i do this i end up with duplicate videos and photos.

How do i fix this?

Also, is there a way to prevent ios from uploading videos only? It would be a lot easier for me to manually sync my videos to my mac. I want my photos to automatically upload though. I've searched and haven't found an answer to this. thanks guys

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:15 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:28 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Ok, so heres my issue.

I love being able to access my entire photo library from icloud but it seems enabling photo library automatically enabled syncing. My ideal situation would be to be able to access all of my photos from the cloud while doing the syncing from my macbook pro.

If i turn off icloud photo library i lose access to all the photos stored in the cloud. am i correct here?

Duplicate photos and videos using icloud photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.