Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt to ethernet

I teach 7th grade and run my Promethean ActivBoard with a 15" MBP. The ActivBoard (AB) requires USB to interface with the pens on the screen. The location of of the AB is far enough away from my desk that I have a ethernet cable from the board to the MBP and plug it into the computer with an ethernet to USB adapter. I wonder if I can replace the USB adapter with Thunderbolt to Ethernet and still communicate with the board. Anybody?

Thanks for the help.

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:59 PM

6 replies

Jul 27, 2015 3:57 PM in response to Michael M

USB devices that require drivers would come with them on a disc. So, then, I take it your plan is to connect your AB to the TB cable using an Ethernet cable. Then connect the TB cable to the port on your computer. Is that correct? Frankly, I don't know if that will work but you can certainly try. You can also get another USB to Ethernet adaptor directly from Apple: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter.

Thunderbolt to ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.