Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring home made films from pc to ipad

I have just taken delivery of my first ipad - an air1. How do I transfer my own videos from my computer to my ipad. I have downloaded itunes but can't seem to find a way of transferring or dragging my own movies into the itune folder or onto my ipad. Anyone out there able to help me please as I am not a very technical person. I don't particularly wish at this time to download movies or tunes from the itunes store, just move my own movies and photos onto the ipad. Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 4:32 PM

First you need to make sure the video file is in a format that iTunes can read (.mp4 or.mkv) - iTunes won't play .avi files (Handbrakewill convert files). Then make sure you're on the Movies tab (upper left hand corner is icon to switch between music. movies and TV). You should be able to drag and drop the movie files now, although they may show up under the newly created 'Home Videos' tab (centre of iTunes screen where it reads 'My Movies, Unwatched, Playlists ...').

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 4:32 PM in response to Franitink

First you need to make sure the video file is in a format that iTunes can read (.mp4 or.mkv) - iTunes won't play .avi files (Handbrakewill convert files). Then make sure you're on the Movies tab (upper left hand corner is icon to switch between music. movies and TV). You should be able to drag and drop the movie files now, although they may show up under the newly created 'Home Videos' tab (centre of iTunes screen where it reads 'My Movies, Unwatched, Playlists ...').

Transferring home made films from pc to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.