Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library upload never completes - sitting on uploading 4776 items for 2 days

AS noted, no action on uploading - simply does not update - only some photos seen on other iPad after full restore

😕

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:49 PM

Do you have any large videos in your library, they can take a considerable time to convert and upload.

6 replies

Jul 27, 2015 10:19 PM in response to gdub45

It's clear to me from what I have been told by Apple tech support over the last week or more that no one at Apple really knows what photos are supposed to be doing. It was put in exactly those words to me this afternoon. That does little to help me save my photos that I thought were all in the photo library on iCloud. The photo library is no longer in beta and yet there is little information about it. There are instructions about how to use it but nothing about what to do when it doesn't work. The techs do not have that information either, which is not really fair to customers or to these tech support people who have a job to do and are not being trained by Apple to do it properly. I don't see any official information from Apple which is also not right. Any information about how to backup all my photos would be appreciated. I was able to do Windows imports but didn't start when all photos were new so not sure what's missing from these imports or from iCloud photo library.

I am still waiting for what started as just over 2,000 photos to upload a couple weeks ago until today when there are 4, 300 photos waiting to upload. No photos are actually being uploaded at this point.

iCloud Photo Library upload never completes - sitting on uploading 4776 items for 2 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.