Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine restore from external hard drive isn't progressing

I had a disk problem that forced me to erase and rebuild the machine from the Time Machine backup I have on an external hard drive. It's been working for about 10 hours. For the last six hours the progress has been stuck at 42.4% but the 'Time Remaining' continues to increase. Currently it says it has 10 hours and 31 minutes remaining.

Is there something I should be doing other than simply waiting for it to continue to figure itself out?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 4:39 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2015 8:49 PM in response to spolson8

I Am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! I just received an iMac 2007, and wanted to put on my backup from my laptop. I had trouble before, but now that I am going back in to do it again, it is stuck at 16.3%. And the time remaining increases as well. The funny part is, the external hard drive indicator light went out. And that's all. PLEASE!!!!!! Someone help! Idk if it is suppost to do this, if uts just slow or what. Thanks.

Time machine restore from external hard drive isn't progressing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.