Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 6g battery life

What are people getting with wifi on? i can only get 4.5 hours, thats is terrible, need to know if i should exchange for a new one. Have brightness at 50% and everything like background app refresh turned off, mail fetch...etc

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:30 PM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2015 8:30 PM in response to Philly30

I get 4.5 hours with wifi always on. However, I did turn off some location services for some apps. I also keep the backlight a bit away from fully dimmed unless I go out or something. Also, throughout the day, I constantly unlock my iPod and check stuff out... like the weather, search something on safari, update one of my games, timer, alarm, fantasy football ..etc.. Only like 2 or 3 times I day I would use it for longer than 30 minutes at a time. 4.5 hours seems to be the approximate time I get out of it.

Is that normal for what I do? Do you still have your same iPod, or did you return it? I think I'm just gonna keep mine.. It's about 5weeks old.. I just don't feel like going through the hassle of packing it up, returning it, waiting... blah blah. Do you still have your same one?And for what I do with it, is 4.5 hours a good battery span? Don't forget, I do lock it and unlock it a lot during the day.

Thanks a bunch! 🙂

ipod touch 6g battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.