Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies WON'T delete from iPad Air II

Before taking a recent trip, I transferred several movies from iTunes to my iPad. Now, after returning from my trip, I no longer have any use for them to be on my iPad. I have attempted to remove them by holding and using the small x - no luck. I have gone into storage > videos and attempted to left swipe and select delete - freezes the settings screen. Finally, I have repeatedly attempted to plug the iPad into my Mac, deselect the movies, and resync the iPad. I left it running for 10 hours today on step 6 of the sync: Waiting for changes to be applied. I have attempted deselecting Sync movies. Ran indefinitely.

So this is the first issue I've actually had to post a request for help on. Usually, I can just spend an inordinate amount of time poring through the user forums to divine how to make my Apple devices behave in ways that they ought to intuitively. Half - well, no, more like 3/5 - the fun!!

Any advice on how to get these off?

iPad Air

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:52 PM

This is really basic stuff, and if you haven't tried this already, give it a go. Force close the videos app and force restart the iPad.

Close the Vidoes app first. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Try to delete the movies again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 3:52 PM in response to Phaedrus25

This is really basic stuff, and if you haven't tried this already, give it a go. Force close the videos app and force restart the iPad.

Close the Vidoes app first. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Try to delete the movies again.

Movies WON'T delete from iPad Air II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.