Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to use airdrop from imac to iphone...not working as easy as iphone to iphone

I am trying to use the "Air Drop" from my imac OS X Yosemite desk top to my iphone 6plus. I have been using this program from iohone to iphone, which works great. I have done many things, unlocking the firewall, reseting the computer, it does not recognize that my phone is sitting right next to the computer? Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 6:08 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 6:39 PM in response to carolinefromsaint peters

The system requirements for AirDrop between a Mac and an iPhone are different than they are for between 2 phones or 2 Macs. See the information below from Use AirDrop to send files from your Mac to another nearby Mac or iOS device - Apple Support

In order to transfer files between a Mac and and an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iOS device needs to include a lightning connector
  • Your iOS device needs iOS 7 or later installed
  • Your Mac needs to be a 2012 or later model with OS X Yosemite installed*
  • Your Mac and iOS device both need bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on. You do not have to be connected to a specific Wi-Fi network.

trying to use airdrop from imac to iphone...not working as easy as iphone to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.