Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer music from my iTunes music file to my iPhone

Sounds dumb, I realize.

I have some music on my iPhone 5S and I don't remember how it got there. At any rate iTunes on iOS 8.4 is a new app.

I want to transfer selected music from my MacBook Pro's external hard drive where I keep my iTunes music to my iPhone 5S.

Can't seem to see how to do that.

Instructions please.

Thanks a lot.

Steve

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 4:38 PM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:45 PM in response to nevets2

Hello nevets2,

It sounds like you need to get music from your iTunes library to your phone. You will need to sync them over to your phone with the iTunes sync options and this article will help you do that:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

If that is not the case, can you elaborate a bit on what you are trying to do?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jul 29, 2015 6:27 PM in response to sterling r

I think that article was if I wanted to sync all my music. Even so, when I connected my phone to the computer and opened iTunes, selected the phone, and selected music on the side menu, the computer just said I had access to my music via iCloud and would not even let me sync my music. What's even worse, on the Music app on my iPhone, I did not seem to be able to access my music in the iCloud. Go figure.

But what I really wanted to do was import selected music from my iTunes music library on my hard drive over to my iPhone. That article

wasn't it, unfortunately.

But thanks

steve

How do I transfer music from my iTunes music file to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.