Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my restrictions password, if i reset my phone will that be off?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 4:42 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2015 4:53 PM in response to Brannonowens12

Forgot Lock or Restrictions Passcode, Need to Restore Your Device: Alternative Solutions

A

1. iOS- Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode

2.Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

3. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

Forgotten Restrictions Passcode Help

1. iPad,iPod,iPod Touch Recovery Mode

2. About Restrictions (parental controls) on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You will need to restore your device as New to remove a Restrictions passcode. Go through the normal process to restore your device, but when you see the options to restore as New or from a backup, be sure to choose New.

You can restore from a backup if you have one from BEFORE you set the restrictions passcode.

If none of the above work for you, then:

Follow these steps to place your iOS device into recovery mode. If your iOS device is already in recovery mode, you can proceed immediately to step 6.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but leave the

other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds

until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

* If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the

Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off,

release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the

device. The device should turn on. Note: If you see the battery charge warning,

let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some

charge, and then start with step 2 again.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

When this screen appears you can release the Home button:

5. If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

6. Use iTunes to restore the device.

If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, try these steps again. If you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen but the device does not appear in iTunes, see this article and its related links.

Note: When using recovery mode, you can only restore the device. All user content on the device will be erased, but if you had previously synced with iTunes on this computer, you can restore from a previous backup. See this article for more information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.