Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable iTunes Match on iOS 8?

I have iOS 8.4 on my iPhone and iPad. iTunes Match has been replaced by iCloud Music Library in Settings => Music. Is that the same thing? If not then how do I get my iTunes Match back? I am not using Apple Music.

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:26 PM

Hello,

Yes, the term "iCloud Music Library" refers to Apple cloud service for music users of both iTunes Match and Apple Music. This must be enabled in Settings>Music to access your iTunes Match music. If you don't see your music, the "Music Available Offline" option may be turned on thereby only showing music locally stored on your device. This option was formerly located in Setting and referred to as "Show All Music". It is now located within the Music App & is accessed by the drop down menu where you choose views for Artist, Album, etc. If your not using Apple Music, most of the changes are terminology related. However, music tracks no longer show the cloud icon indicating they are not locally downloaded. Rather, it's the inverse by showing a bookmark to indicate the track is "not" in the cloud and is stored on your device. Hope this helps out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 10:26 PM in response to Shawn Melton

Hello,

Yes, the term "iCloud Music Library" refers to Apple cloud service for music users of both iTunes Match and Apple Music. This must be enabled in Settings>Music to access your iTunes Match music. If you don't see your music, the "Music Available Offline" option may be turned on thereby only showing music locally stored on your device. This option was formerly located in Setting and referred to as "Show All Music". It is now located within the Music App & is accessed by the drop down menu where you choose views for Artist, Album, etc. If your not using Apple Music, most of the changes are terminology related. However, music tracks no longer show the cloud icon indicating they are not locally downloaded. Rather, it's the inverse by showing a bookmark to indicate the track is "not" in the cloud and is stored on your device. Hope this helps out.

How do I enable iTunes Match on iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.