Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro 15"mid-2015 (2.5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM) is very slow and heated using Final Cut Pro X 10.2

I have a MacBook Pro 15 "mid-2015 (2.5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM), I bought it two weeks ago.

The problem is that when I use Final Cut Pro X (version 10.2), the notebook gets hot quickly, the battery is discharged to 10% within 2 hours of 100% and is very slow to be used (lag).

What can I do?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 6:00 PM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:12 AM in response to marcbajona1

Final Cut, like most video editors, is process-intensive. So it could be that the MBP is simply working hard because it's just doing its job.

Or it may be that there is something that needs looking at – cooling fans, for example.

You can explore a few things yourself. Open Activity Monitor and see whether any open process seems to be using excessive amounts of CPU or memory resources, Download a monitoring app likeiStat Pro to see whether your temps and fan speeds are of concern. Start up the system in Safe Mode, log in and restart to see whether that makes a difference. Run Apple Diagnostics to check your hardware.

Or take advantage of your warranty and call AppleCare.

Good luck.

Russ

Jul 29, 2015 7:06 AM in response to marcbajona1

Our laptop is older so I can't make a very relevant comparison but I don't see anything that concerning in your Activity Monitor screenshots. If I put some 3D titles into my project, the CPU usage spikes as I would expect. (Try duplicating your project and removing the 3D titles as a test.)

Just to add a few other easy steps you could take: reset your SMCand start up the system in Safe Mode, Also run Apple Diagnostics.

Again, if you're continue to be concerned, get your money's worth from your warranty and contact AppleCare.

Russ

My MacBook Pro 15"mid-2015 (2.5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM) is very slow and heated using Final Cut Pro X 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.