Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single Rotating Weekly Work Schedule

I have a work schedule that rotates every four weeks and each week I work different days. I have been trying to use one of the templates in Numbers to create a schedule so I know what days I work and what days I am going to be off so I can plan things on the days I will not be working. I would like a way for the schedule to update itself automatically without me having to key it in each week. Preferably each work day would automatically be one color and days off would be another to make it easier to glance at. I have tried working in the different templates and downloading some, but so far none are working out the way I would like.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 5:35 PM

6 replies

Jul 27, 2015 6:05 PM in response to seekquaze

If your schedule rotates every four weeks, would this work? Take the Daily Schedule template, duplicate it three times, and set the background color of the relevant work days/days off columns in each copy. Then each time you want to add a week, just duplicate the relevant sheet (which already contains the color coded columns)

SG

Jul 27, 2015 7:31 PM in response to seekquaze

You could do something like this:

Set up a table to indicate the 4 weekly schedules, Like shown in the top table titled "Weekly Setup". Format the cells for the weeks as check boxes to make selecting work days easily. enter the starting week date in cell A2 of the set up table

User uploaded file

In the bottom table titled "Weekly Work Schedule," the first row is a header row.

A2=Week Setup::$A$2 +( ROW()−2)×"7d"

this is shorthand for... select cell S2, then type, or copy and paste from here, the formula:

=Week Setup::$A$2 +( ROW()−2)×"7d"

B2=MOD(ROW()−2, 4)+1

C2=IF(OFFSET(Week Setup::$C$2, $B2−1, (COLUMN()−3)), "WORK", "OFF")

select cell C2, copy

select cell C2 and use conditional formatting to set the color of the cell using the cell formatter. You can open the cell formatter, by single clicking the cell then selecting the "cell" segment, then click the button "Conditional Highlighting…":

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

select cells C2 thru I2, paste

select cells A2 thru I2, copy

select cell A2 thru the end of column I, paste

Single Rotating Weekly Work Schedule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.