Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30 GB Ipod Classic 5th generation won't connect to Itunes

I found my iPod Classic yesterday and plugged it into my computer (64 bit and runs Windows 7). I reset everything and cleared it off so that I could sync it to my new iTunes library. There were no problems. iTunes immediately detected my device and let me upload all of my songs and shows with no problems. I updated to the most recent release of iTunes (12.2.1) and powered down.

However, when I tried to plug it in and add a few more songs today, iTunes wouldn't even detect my iPod. I can see it under My Computer listed as a removable disk, but I have absolutely nothing when I check iTunes. I thought the issue was with the iTunes update until I plugged in my iPhone 5C and had no issue syncing it to my library. After about three hours of combing Apple's troubleshooting steps, I tried plugging in the iPod to another computer. And to my absolute surprise, everything worked fine. The device shows up and can sync to iTunes just fine. What I want to know is how I can get my iPod to show up on MY iTunes on MY computer.

In order to try and fix this problem, I have tried:

-Resetting the iPod

-Updating iPod

-Reinstalling iTunes and ALL Apple services

-Installing an earlier version of iTunes

-Changing the USB cables

I believe that the issue is with my drivers, but I have tried on this link (iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support), I just get really confused. The "Apple Mobile Device Driver" is missing from "Universal Serial Bus Controllers." Instead, I have something labeled "Apple iPod USB Device" listed under "Disk Drives." So, assuming that I'm missing the Apple Mobile Device Driver, I follow all the steps to install it. The driver for my iPod is listed as "WPD Filesystem Volume Driver," but I ignore this and continue with the steps. Everything is fine until the final step where I select "usbaapl64.ini" from the browsing list. Then this is my screen:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 7:37 PM

There are no replies.

30 GB Ipod Classic 5th generation won't connect to Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.