Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to be able to delete multiple page thumbnails in pages. does anyone know how to do this?

I would like to be able to delete multiple page thumbnails in pages. does anyone know how to do this?

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 7:27 PM

6 replies

Jul 27, 2015 8:55 PM in response to heidifrombotany

In a Layout document all pages are independent sections and you can shift click on a number and hit Delete.

In a Word Processing document because text flows from page to page the pages stick together, you need to insert Section Breaks in the text where you want to divide the document and then can delete the thumbnails as above.

Peter

Jul 27, 2015 9:29 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thanks Peter, this is how we always used to do this. However, since the new pages upgrade 5.5.3, if I select a thumbnail and then press shift and another thumbnail it de-selects the first one (so I can only select one at a time). This means i have to delete each page I don't want manualy (which actually involves 2 steps as it asks each time if you are sure you want to delete it - so command delete does not work within pages). (i have each page as a separate section using Section breaks so I can easily rearrange pages without impacting formatting etc). not sure is I am missing something, but this wastes a lot of time on something that used to be v simple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.