Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro late 2011 Game

About two years ago i bought a game, Civilization V, for my late 2011 Macbook Pro. It ran fine for the bulk of these two years. However, in December my computer's hard drive crashed, and i upgraded to a new hard drive, from 300 gb to 500 gb. I've recently tried reinstalling the game, and it has begun freezing randomly on me, particularly when things its rendering begin to get stressful. I understand the game requires an intel HD 4000 graphics card minimum to run, but i have an Intel HD 3000 graphics card and only recently has the game been giving me problems. I've reinstalled the game several times, but the problem persists. What i'm wondering is why it ran without a single problem, indeed, without freezing once on me for a year and a half, but had suddenly decided not to work. Is it the changes in hard drive? If there was an update that caused the game to require a higher functioning graphics card to run, is there any way to remove said update? Any insight/advice would be helpful for this petty trouble of mine, thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 7:26 PM

1 reply

Macbook Pro late 2011 Game

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.