Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to separate 2 linked pages in a pages document

I am trying to create a multi page newsletter .There is a yellow line around multiple pages, which will not allow me to separate them and move the pages around into another sequence. I've tried everything. I can insert a new "section" but not a new page. And I can't re-arrnge the order.

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:56 PM

In a Layout document all pages are independent sections and you can shift click on a number and hit Delete.

In a Word Processing document because text flows from page to page the pages stick together, you need to insert Section Breaks in the text where you want to divide the document and then can delete the thumbnails as above.

Peter

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 8:56 PM in response to dedenla

In a Layout document all pages are independent sections and you can shift click on a number and hit Delete.

In a Word Processing document because text flows from page to page the pages stick together, you need to insert Section Breaks in the text where you want to divide the document and then can delete the thumbnails as above.

Peter

how to separate 2 linked pages in a pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.