Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 update no longer receiving mail and battery life.

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 5s to IOS 8.4 it no longer received mail. I've had the spinning wheel ever since. The mail icon shows 2 messages but they're not there and no new mail will download. I can only access my mail from my home laptop.

Is there any fix. Do I have to go back to 8.3 or restore or something?

This update also destroyed my battery life. Either the phone isn't turning off or whatever is running in the background is sucking the life from my battery. Even if I leave it off and never use it I still have to charge it every 24 hours.

I hope they fix these issues and offer and update quick. I have to carry a charger with me all the time in case the battery runs out.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:42 PM

I've solved the mail problem but do not know if the battery problem is solved yet.

To solve the mail problem, first I went into settings and turned off mail in iCloud.

Then I did a reset of the phone.:

Hold down the device’s power button, swipe to turn it off, and then hold the power button down to turn it back on.

After I powered it back on, I went into settings and turned the mail back on. Instantly it downloaded all of the mail backlog. Time will tell if that was causing the battery to drain.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 10:42 PM in response to mlaiuppa

I've solved the mail problem but do not know if the battery problem is solved yet.

To solve the mail problem, first I went into settings and turned off mail in iCloud.

Then I did a reset of the phone.:

Hold down the device’s power button, swipe to turn it off, and then hold the power button down to turn it back on.

After I powered it back on, I went into settings and turned the mail back on. Instantly it downloaded all of the mail backlog. Time will tell if that was causing the battery to drain.

IOS 8.4 update no longer receiving mail and battery life.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.