Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Music Videos won't Sync to iPod?

Hello!

I recently bought a music video off of iTunes and for some reason, I cannot put it on my iPod. It is a protected MPEG-4 file, and I have tried converting, reinstalling iTunes, restoring my iPod... I have no idea what to do!

Any thoughts? Is this a bug? 😢

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:04 PM

6 replies

Aug 16, 2015 6:50 AM in response to crystalrose22

I have the exact same issue, I have purchased 20 music videos that wont sync, when I look at the file shows protected MPEG-4 file, all my others show purchased MPEG-4 file, and the same as crystalrose22, I have tried converting the files to strip the drm and reinstalling itunes now on version 12.2.2.25.

So far I have almost £40 of videos that I cannot watch unless I ferry my Mac-book pro around with me! This has only started with videos purchased from the beginning of July 2015.

Does anyone have any ideas

Aug 16, 2015 9:13 AM in response to skywardian

To use an older version of iTunes you also have to roll back your library file as described in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. Weirdly it seems that 12.2.2.25 isn't visibly applying the Fairplay Version 2 DRM on a Windows machine that I'd previously rolled back to 12.1.2.27, but it is on my Mac that hasn't ever been downgraded. Once I try to sync however the redownloaded videos won't go. I'll roll back to 12.1.2.27 and test again, but it was successful when I tried it a few days ago. See Re: Fairplay 2 music videos won't sync to iPod classic.

You could install the older build of iTunes (see the Older versions section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for download links), use the shift-start-iTunes method to make a new empty library simply for the purpose of downloading the videos, copy these into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder of your main library, reinstall the current build, then shift-start-iTunes to reconnect to the main library where your videos will have been added.

tt2

Purchased Music Videos won't Sync to iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.