Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you choose which iCloud backup to restore from

I was considering restoring my phone from my icloud backup but my latest back up was one after the app was deleted. i was wondering when you restore do you get the option to choose which backup you can restore from or does it automatically restore from the latest one. If it is the latest backup then obviously the app wouldnt be there so i dont want to restore for nothing however if i get the option i know that the one taken 3 days ago would have the app there.

Any other advice for trying to get it back would be appreciated if the restore won't work!! The app is Collect (photo a day).

Thank in advance.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:13 AM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Alfred DeRose

UUnfortunately since I've been using iCloud I don't even think I've actually plugged my phone into itunes and done a manual backup and my phone is set to back up everyone I'm connected to my wifi so by the fine I realised that the app was gone it had backed up again and wiped the backup with the app in theRe. So disappointing I had all her milestones saved and I'll never get those back now

thanks for your help anyway

Jul 29, 2015 2:31 AM in response to shelma77

You're very welcome. That's unfortunate and I wish there was better news. Though this is at least a good lesson in backup strategy and the dangers of exclusively relying on either apps or the cloud for your data.

The general rule of backups is 3-2-1. At least three (3) copies of your data in two (2) different formats (online, HDD, CD, etc.) with one (1) of those copies off-site (at a friend or family member in case of fire or theft). There are plenty of good tutorials available online to help. Just do a search and you will find something.

Good luck!

Can you choose which iCloud backup to restore from

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.