Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Capacity of Battery for 2015 15inch macbook pro

For 2015 15inch macbook pro, how much mAh for full capacity of battery? Now, mine is 8700 mAh. Is it normal? How about you guys? What number is for new one when just leave the factory?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), mAh battery full charing capacity

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:32 PM

9 replies

Jul 28, 2015 10:52 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Why can't you just use "System Information" to find out that info instead of installing a redundant program? According to System Info my 2015 rMBP battery info is as follows: I am currently sitting at 71% (not plugged in obviously).

Charge Remaining (mAh): 6306

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 9125

Cycle Count: 9

Condition: Normal

Amperage (mA): -982

Voltage (mV): 11903

Voltage (mV): 11903

Jul 28, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter wrote:

Why can't you just use "System Information" to find out that info instead of installing a redundant program? According to System Info my 2015 rMBP battery info is as follows: I am currently sitting at 71% (not plugged in obviously).

Though CoconutBattery does repeat a lot of information that is found in System Information>Power, it does include additional data that is not shown in System information>Power. Specifically it has 'Design Capacity' information which allows one to determine to what extent the battery has deteriorated from the original specifications for a given model MBP.

This I believe is relevant information for mevolante's query. Note he writes: "What number is for new one when just leave the factory?".

Ciao.

Jul 31, 2016 3:22 AM in response to 1st_Ragamuffin

A very inappropriate reply. The poster will get a lot better answers if they post in forum where the computer has a battery.

1st_Ragamuffin wrote:

Dude, it's ok I don't think anyone else minds. Desktop/MacBook/iPhone/Apple...etc. who cares? He/she is just kindly asking a simple question. If you don't know the answer keepa scrolling. 🙂

Full Capacity of Battery for 2015 15inch macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.