Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gifted Songs Not Showing Up As Purchased

So my brother recently gifted me an album because I was too broke to buy it on my own. When I organize my library by kind, the album is labeled as a purchased aac file, as would all purchased iTunes media would be depending on the format. But when I look in the iTunes store for the exact same album, it doesn't give me the option to play the album/song, it gives me the option to purchase it. My question is, no matter if I, myself, bought the song or not, shouldn't it appear as purchased if it was purchased?

using iTunes 12.2.1.16

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:53 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:45 AM in response to sivoneth

Depends upon whether it's exactly the same album that is in the store (e.g. whether the rights-holder has removed it and replaced it with a new version), and whether you've moved countries. If you go to the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage does it show there, and if not have you hidden it : Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

Jul 28, 2015 2:01 PM in response to King_Penguin

It is the exact same album that I'm searching for, and no I have not moved countries. When I search under Quick Links, the album does not appear there because the purchase wasn't made in my name or in my account. Again, my brother purchased this for me, thus my account shouldn't have records in regards to purchasing such, since I did not. No, I also have not hidden it.

Gifted Songs Not Showing Up As Purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.