Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

driver 6.1.7601.17889

Is there a comperable driver for bluetooth host controller? I am ready to order the antenna extension and drill a hole in this mac pro now the bluetooth is atrocious and seems to be due to interference from video related activities - which causes undue resources being applied to fix connection issues etc.

I love my MM and will cut it up to make it work!

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 1:22 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2015 3:40 AM in response to lllaass

That would be a driver for a bluetooth dongle. So far on my 3.1 the best fix is to turn off the computer unplug it hold the power button for a while then replug it in and switch the mouse/keyboard on off - what crap. Others with this issue are just installing a new bluetooth antenna etc.

If the mac OS would see the dongle no need for that. Was trying to revive this issue if anyone else has figured another way. Seems the more pci slots full the more this issue persists - mine are all full and then some.

Jul 28, 2015 4:20 PM in response to Net monster

have you tried changing the connection to the bluetooth module inside your mac pro? on some of 'em, the wire was mislabelled. take off the one labelled bluetooth, and try wire #2, or whichever one isn't going to the wifi module. Hey it's worth a shot, I guess. It's free---but it's gonna be a pain to get those antennna terminals off and then on again....but if it works..... Of course, there might be combo bluetooth/wifi cards out there with BT 4.0 with the antenna extension you mentioned.... If memory serves me well, I got sick of the bluetooth in my old 3,1 and just bought an iogear dongle. Plugged it into the front and all was well....

good luck to you

JB

driver 6.1.7601.17889

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.