Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading photos to mac from CANON EOS100

I am having troubles loading photos to both my iMac (yosemite) and my macair (OSX). The macair very briefly showed the normal menu items but they disappeared. Both now don't show the attached camera as a device. Ive downloaded new drivers for EOS utility but no change. Image capture doesn't see the device.

I noticed the camera has a USB2 cable. I think both computers are USB 3. Could this be the problem? Do I need a new cable?

Any other ideas?

Veronica

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:28 AM

Try use the card reader on the Macs.

8 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks, that worked for my iMac, but it is a bit laborious having to add the images one by one! is there a bulk way to import a selection?

I don't seem to be able to find a slot on my macair 11'', and it is this computer I have with me most of the time when I travel. Is there a gadget I can buy for that or is the slot somehow invisible?

Jul 28, 2015 6:58 AM in response to rayver

USB 2 is not a problem when connecting to computers with USB 3 ports. The computer will connect to USB 2 devices at USB 2 speeds.

When you connect the camera to your computer do you then turn the camera on? Turning the camera on should start Image Capture and allow transfer of images.

The new versions of EOS Utility may not work with older Canon cameras.

Loading photos to mac from CANON EOS100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.