Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get Aperture to update in Yosemite. I get a "not available in Canada" response. Can anyone enlighten me on this problem?

I have tried to update Aperture after the latest update of OS to Yosemite. It keeps giving this response "unavailable in Canada"

I keep getting a run around with apple support services, that's getting me nowhere. Can anyone help out here?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:22 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 3:41 AM in response to diveguru

I have tried to update Aperture after the latest update of OS to Yosemite. It keeps giving this response "unavailable in Canada"

The

You need to update to Aperture 3.6, that is the compatibility update for Yosemite.

The problem is that Apple stopped selling Aperture as Carolyn Samit said, so you will neither find an update on the Updates page of any App Store nor can you purchase Aperture any longer. If you try to launch an incompatible Aperture version, you will receive an update message sending you on a wild goose chase. The only way to update is by reinstalling Aperture, if you already own Aperture and your purchase is associated with your AppleID at the Mac App Store. So look at your Purchases history, as described in this user tip:

Updating to Aperture 3.6 After the Release of Photos

Which version of Aperture do you have? If your Aperture version is not an App Store version, you will need the help of the App Store Support for updating.

The new Photos.app can open Aperture Libraries, but is in no way a successor for Aperture, it barely suffices as a successor for iPhoto (see: Photos vs iPhoto: Features and Capabilities).

There is not yet any Apple application to replace Aperture, see: How Photos handles content and metadata from iPhoto and Aperture - Apple Support

I cannot get Aperture to update in Yosemite. I get a "not available in Canada" response. Can anyone enlighten me on this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.