Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro and twice now I have had the guest account icon appear when I logged in. I did not set up this account, nor did anyone I know. Both times I have gone in and unlocked groups and ticked no guest account. Should I be concerned?

I have a MacBook Pro with retina display. Twice in the last month I have gone to login my password protected computer, and a guest account has appeared. I did not create the account, nor has anyone else had access to my computer. I have gone into the shared groups in system preferences, unlocked, and disable the guest user. Should I be concerned? If so, what should I do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 5:59 AM

8 replies

I have a MacBook Pro and twice now I have had the guest account icon appear when I logged in. I did not set up this account, nor did anyone I know. Both times I have gone in and unlocked groups and ticked no guest account. Should I be concerned?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.