Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari search problem

I am on Safari 8.07. Recently i have been getting a Yahoo page after a Google page. My search engine in Safari preferences is Google.

Here ids an example:

key in Amazon prime reviews in the Safari search window.

I get a nice google page that shows "8 reasons why Amazon prime is Worth $99.00

instead of going to that page I get a Yahoo page with a lot of options to choose again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Dan

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:23 AM

Search engine re directs are usually due to malware.

Download and run Malwarebyyes Anti-Malware for Mac formerly known as AdwareMedic. It's free.

Make sure Mac App Store and identified developers is selected in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General

if you would rather not download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can remove the malware manually following the instructions here > Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 4:23 AM in response to DanMccarter

Search engine re directs are usually due to malware.

Download and run Malwarebyyes Anti-Malware for Mac formerly known as AdwareMedic. It's free.

Make sure Mac App Store and identified developers is selected in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General

if you would rather not download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can remove the malware manually following the instructions here > Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

safari search problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.