Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro has died - any ideas please?

I have a macbook pro which has suddenly died on me today - they couldn't help on the phone as even starting in safe mode resulted in it dying again after 3 mins. Next appointment at the genius bar isn't for 6 days and I need it for work.

All ideas gratefully received!! please!!

Struggling on my daughter's Dell as we speak!

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 5:00 AM

It would be helpful if you indicated the EXACT model/year MBP that you have and the current OSX.

Try a SMC reset:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Ciao.

4 replies

Jul 28, 2015 2:32 PM in response to juliabramble

juliabramble wrote:

I have a macbook pro which has suddenly died on me today - they couldn't help on the phone as even starting in safe mode resulted in it dying again after 3 mins. Next appointment at the genius bar isn't for 6 days and I need it for work.

All ideas gratefully received!! please!!

Struggling on my daughter's Dell as we speak!

what to you mean by dying? Is it powering itself off? Screen Issue? Overheating?

I know some people thing using your own device for work is great -- but if its the company device - its up to the company to have it fixed or replaced

(I don't like it do to security issues - and not just for the company - for myself as well.)

My macbook pro has died - any ideas please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.