Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will i be able to fix my ipad or is it completely gone

is my ipad completely broken so i dont bother trying to fix it or can it still be fixed. i spilled water on the ipad the other day and tried turning it off but it kept turning on by itself then i quickly dried it up and it started making some weird sounds like it was gonna explode it still worked for a couple of hours and you can see the water inside the screen so i put it to sit in a bag of rice for a day and when i took it out it wasnt working i wondered if the battery was low so i plugged it to charge and then after charging for 20 mins i tried to turn it on but a solid screen popped up like when you turning it on you see the apple logo in the middle but fines frozen and it has some code on the side of it so im asking you guys should i bother trying to fix it because i know nothing about this stuff i will provide a pic of the code down below. thanks for helping.User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7, Ipad 3

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:01 AM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 4:47 AM in response to muhamed103

AS you'll no doubt read, you'll probably get a lot of "been there done that" to your post. I have. It's a painful moment when you realize and more accept your device is toast. Water, or liquid in general, is an idevice' worst enemy. Your iPad is gone. I've brought 2 back it seemed from the dead by using all the moisture removal techniques but they were never 100% normal and after all efforts I had to replace. Point of all this is kind of a hand holding or hoping for a gentler realization for you and on to phase 2: acceptance, moving on and getting a new one.

i didn't see its age or if you have AppleCare? If so and it's AppleCare Plus - apple will replace it for I think it's $49ish dollars. If not you'll need to buy a new one or refurbished but if so I'd only get an Apple refurbished one here on this site.

NExt biggie is do you have a recent backup? If so after getting another iPad (or for others reading same for iPhone or iPod) you can Restore your replacement iPad to you backup which depending on its age (backed up yesterday, last week, month, etc.) your Restore will be as good as its age.

so biggest lesson here is Life happens our iDevices are often a big part of our lives and are delicte and can break, die, get lost, stolen, etc. so you must have a backup strategy to protect your data and life.

I Backup using both iCloud and to my computer. iCloud is automatic so hou don't have to remember or think or set alarms etc. and its regularly performed to pretty much remove the human factor and get you having a current backup all the time unless your device isn't on or in a WiFi one regularly

i I also backup manually to my Mac Pro. But don't always remember. you might want to read up on which is more thorough. I feel manuals are. And I'm in the process right now as AppleCare replaced my iPad just yesterday due to a faulty charging system. Luckily I have both my trusty iCloud ha hip from 835am yesterday and a manual from the night before.

after a restore you'll usually need to look to fI'll in the gap between your backup and when your device died or was lost, broke, etc.

SUMMARY:

try to always get AppleCare it's worth every penny For 2 years including unlimited phone support.

Have a backup strategy AND DO IT!

sorry about your loss. If you don't have AppleCare or a backup we'll hold your hand as best as possible but be prepared to get a new iPad the Air2 is awesome. Good luck.

will i be able to fix my ipad or is it completely gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.