Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open Safari in full screen

Each time I open Safari on my iMac (OS X) it appears initially as a centred page that is only 1/3rd the width of the screen. To fill the screen I have to increase the text size four times. How can I set a default to open it in full screen each time?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 5:28 AM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:52 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thank you very much for your response but, unfortunately, it does not work for me. Using those three keys increases, but only slightly, the height of the page but not the width. This remains at 1/3rd of the screen.

Jul 28, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your suggestion Eric but this sequence gives me the same result - slight improvement in height by closing the top menu but no alteration in width.

Jul 28, 2015 9:47 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks very much for the link which, at first glance, looks as though it might help me solve my problem - or at least get me somewhere in that direction. I'll spend some time over the next few days trying out the various options.

Thanks again.

How to open Safari in full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.