Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retrieve pictures from my own iphone that someone else wiped

Three months ago, I lost / or, someone stole my iphone 6, on which lots of baby pictures which I did not back up. Tough lesson that was.

surprisingly, last week some guy called the number I put in lost mode and claimed he 'found' my iphone.

he said they first tried to find out who the owner was via vodaphone and the sim card. Then he went to apple store and there - he claims - they finally saw the message I put in lost mode. it was a pretty shady story but I was over the moon to have my pictures back. I collected my iphone and gave him a finders fee.

when I got home, I unlocked the phone, but i got the introduction message 'hello' and ' configure new iphone'. The phone seems empty (Although it does show it does use quite some mb for something but we cant find out for what). I called Apple and they said the phone was probably wiped. They likely tried to use it but it did not work. And so they returmed it.

So I have the iphone back - but still no pictures.. Apple said 'a third party may be able to help with getting them back'.

Can anyone advise me? Thanks so much!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, no

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 5:21 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:50 AM in response to JDMADAM

look here, data and files are never actually removed from a hard drive or flash drive when "deleted", the are only hidden until there is other files that needs that memory. Which means if nothing else was stored on the phone after the reset the pictures should still be on there. So hopes not out yet. I heard of photographers recovering their photos but i have no idea how.

So YES there is third party companies and software out there which can save our data loss, but they might be hard to find. Hit google/ bing/ yahoo and se if you can find anything of intresst!

Good Luck! I really hope stuff works out for you

retrieve pictures from my own iphone that someone else wiped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.