Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove VSTs that "Couldn't be opened"?

I use Sylenth1 and one day when I opened Logic Pro X up there was a "!" over the Sylenth1 on every track and it said "Missing Plugin: Sylenth1". I have now tried to reinstall it and everything but however, it is stuck in the Plug-In Manager as "Couldn't Be Opened" and if I right click, the option "Remove" is like grey-ish and I can't click it. How do I remove this old VST from my Plug-In Manager?

Btw, I have removed the .component and the .vst but I need to know why I can't remove it and how to fix it.

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 3:53 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 6:03 PM in response to Albin Clern

Sylenth never worked natively with Logic Pro X because currently its an old 32bit AU plugin which are not supported in Logic Pro X

I assume you must have also used a 32bit plugin wrapper like 32Lives to use Sylenth inside of Logic Pro X so check that program..

You may need to update 32lives and rescan inside it's application to reactivate Sylenth..

Jul 29, 2015 8:39 AM in response to Albin Clern

You still have Sylenth wrapped by the sounds of things..

Check both the System and User libraries for the Audio/Plug Ins/Components folders and carefully look through there for any signs of Sylenth.... Delete all of them... I think 32Lives changes the name of the plugin to something else, adding 32Lives to the component name so check carefully...

Once done, restart your Mac and test.....

Remove VSTs that "Couldn't be opened"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.