Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Splitting a midi region in the middle of a note

On Logic 8/9 when you split a midi region in the middle of a note you got

User uploaded file

as now, but the pre-defined option was "Keep" and not "Split" as it is now. I did prefer it because I think "Keep" is much more often useful. Is there a way to come back to that setting (maybe in the preferences??)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 4:52 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot change that behavior. Sometimes, those buttons can be triggered with a Key Command (i.e. command key plus the first letter of the command). It works, for example, with the Replace command in many Dialog windows. But it doesn't work with this window.

Your only option would be a Keyboard Utility like QuicKeys or Keyboard Maestro. You can program a mouse click action on the Keep button and assign it to a key combination of your choice, because this Dialog window always pops up at the same screen location.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 4:52 PM in response to mnstudio

Unfortunately, you cannot change that behavior. Sometimes, those buttons can be triggered with a Key Command (i.e. command key plus the first letter of the command). It works, for example, with the Replace command in many Dialog windows. But it doesn't work with this window.

Your only option would be a Keyboard Utility like QuicKeys or Keyboard Maestro. You can program a mouse click action on the Keep button and assign it to a key combination of your choice, because this Dialog window always pops up at the same screen location.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Splitting a midi region in the middle of a note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.