Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.1 post-upgrade problem

Hi. I'm using Mac OS X 10.9.5 and I upgraded Garageband 10.1 and after upgrade it I just tried to enter on the app but it says "There is not enough storage space to download Garageband. Please manage your storage settings."

What should i do?

How many space do I need?

Please help me !!!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 8:56 AM

GarageBAnd requires several GB for the instrument Library and the additional loops - when I installed it last year the additional content required 5GB, but Apple has added new content, so will need more free space. And keep at least 10GB free for the operating system as working space, better more.

3 replies

Jul 29, 2015 4:39 AM in response to Alby2000Milan

So I don't have to update the device?

Application updates are not compulsory, unless they are security updates or you upgraded your MacOs X and the application is no longer compatible.

But what is the state of your GarageBand 10.1?

I just tried to enter on the app but it says "There is not enough storage space to download Garageband. Please manage your storage settings."

Does that mean, that GarageBand does no longer launch? Or that you cannot update it, but you can work with GarageBand 10.1?

Garageband 10.1 post-upgrade problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.