Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't choose a backup to restore my iPhone?

Please help. My phone fell today and the screen popped off. I remembered that I had the same model in the house that wasn't being used. I took the sim card out of the broken one and put it in the newer one. I've been trying to restore it for quite a while now. I had no problem connecting to wifi or accessing my apple ID. When it came down to which latest backup I wanted to choose, it wouldn't let me choose. I had options (one said "Yesterday at 9:01 am" and my other backup options are dated to a couple of days ago, so it wouldn't matter which one I choose.) Every time I try to pick one, it won't do anything. I thought maybe the screen was acting a bit funny but I could swipe and touch everywhere just fine. So my problem is that it won't let me choose a backup and it makes me rather upset that I can't make any progress with this.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:28 PM

Is the phone as up-to-date as your broken one? I had the same issue, when my old phone was iOS 8.4 but my new one was 8.3.

Try setting it up as a new phone, as basic as possible. Update it, then try Reset All Content and Settings again. From there, it should let you select the backup.

1 reply

I can't choose a backup to restore my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.