Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to choose a backup??

Please help. My phone fell today and the screen popped off. I remembered that I had the same model in the house that wasn't being used. I took the sim card out of the broken one and put it in the newer one. I've been trying to restore it for quite a while now. I had no problem connecting to wifi or accessing my apple ID. When it came down to which latest backup I wanted to choose, it wouldn't let me choose. I had options (one said "Yesterday at 9:01 am" and my other backup options are dated to a couple of days ago, so it wouldn't matter which one I choose.) Every time I try to pick one, it won't do anything. I thought maybe the screen was acting a bit funny but I could swipe and touch everywhere just fine. So my problem is that it won't let me choose a backup and it makes me rather upset that I can't make any progress with this.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:17 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 6:24 AM in response to queen_lacayo

Hi there Queen_Lacayo,

It sounds like you are having some difficulty actually getting your backup restored to your current device in iTunes on your PC. First you may still be able to create a more recent iTunes backup of the phone whose screen became dislodged in the fall:

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

Then if you cannot restore that backup to the other phone, or you cannot create a backup for some reason, I would recommend you use the troubleshooting in the following article to help with the backup.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I am not able to choose a backup??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.