Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem upgrading from IOS 4.2.1 to IOS 7.1.2

Hi,

I am using iPhone 4 currently. I have tried upgrading IOS from 4.2.1 to 7.1.2 recently, and the upgrade portion completed successfully. Before the upgrade, I did a manual backup. After the upgrade, I selected "Restore from this backup" from iTunes, and selected the first backup (please refer to picture below). The restoration completed successfully too, and my iPhone restarted during the process. After the iPhone restarted, the first page that I saw is the normal Halo page, then Enable / Disable location service, then Wifi page. And the problem starts from here, the phone keeps showing 'Set up iPhone' page even though I always choose "Restore from iTune backup". After I choose "Restore from iTunes backup", the phone will show the first Halo page and the same location service, wifi pages again and again.

User uploaded file

Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Gan

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 8:00 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 7:04 AM in response to akirasendoh

Howdy Gan,

Thank you for a very detailed description of your issue. Let me make sure I understand it correctly. You have an iPhone 4 that you are trying to update to the latest version of iOS that will work on it, and you have done a backup of the iPhone before attempting the update. You successfully installed the update to iOS 7.1.2. You then restored your data from backup. Upon restart the iPhone continues to ask you if you want to set up your iPhone as new or restore from a backup. Is this correct?

At this point, I would suggest that you set the iPhone up as a new iPhone, continuing from that screen. Once this has been completed, connect the iPhone to your computer and use iTunes to restore using a backup. See this article - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

Problem upgrading from IOS 4.2.1 to IOS 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.