Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro late 2011 13" Display/screen issues

I have had this laptop for three years and take good care of it and suddenly I have a black spot on the top left corner of the screen and it is out of apple care and before this I did notice some flickering of the screen in the same area but it was happening randomly to where I could not duplicate the issue and now I got a black bar half covering the finder bar at the top till where if safari is open where history starts i tried to get a screen shot but the black did not show up at all on the screen shot. All I want to know is is this fixable and if it is how much could it run me or if it is not worth fixing and just get a new laptop.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 8:12 AM

6 replies

Jun 6, 2016 5:21 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Not too long ago I took it to apple and they had discovered that this issue only occurs when my computer is put into sleep mode and there is nothing that their tests showed were wrong with it but the tests could not go far seeing as the hard drive is dying and the battery is not far behind it. Now I need an external hard drive to back up everything and then send it off to where apple sends it off to have all the problems worked on at one time.

Macbook Pro late 2011 13" Display/screen issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.