Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find music...PLEASE HELP

Hello,

I just switched from an iphone 5 to a 6plus. My music did not download to the 6plus. I used the cloud to back up the phone and the music was the only thing that did not come over. I also logged into my itunes account and the music files are no longer there. Help!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Audriane

Hi there Audriane,

I understand that you have received a new iPhone and have restored from an iCloud backup of your old iPhone in order to transfer your content to the new iPhone. I also see that you expected the iCloud backup to transfer your music from your old iPhone as well. This article has some information about the content of iCloud backups that may help clear this up:

iCloud backups

With a Wi-Fi network connection, you can make a backup of your device using iCloud. You don’t need to plug your device into a computer or even be at home to back up with iCloud.

iCloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device. iCloud backups don't include:

• Data that's already stored in the cloud, like contacts, calendars, notes, My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Data stored in other cloud services, like Gmail and Exchange mail
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Touch ID settings
  • Content you didn't get directly from iTunes, App, or iBooks Stores, like imported MP3s, videos, or CDs
  • iTunes in the Cloud and App Store content (If it's still available in the iTunes, App, or iBooks Store, you can tap to re-download your already purchased content.)

Learn how to make an iCloud backup, and how to manage iCloud storage or delete backups that you no longer need.

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136

If the music in question has been purchased from iTunes, here is an article about redownloading past purchases:

Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

However, if the music on your old iPhone was added to the device from a computer, then I would suggest that you sync those songs onto your new iPhone from that same computer. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Can't find music...PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.