Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iMovie 10.0.6 event so large after deleting the content?

I got my macbook air in October 2014 and I've been using iMovie since for my youtube videos. I have an event folder that says is taking up 30GB. I'm confused since when I double click it, there aren't any videos, files, or anything in it since it just links to my iMovie library where I've already deleted unwanted files. But when I put my mouse over the events and slide it from left to right I see all the video clips from my past youtube videos I've made from October 2014 to now? I don't have much space on my laptop and I need to free up any space I possibly can. I'm still new to OS X so I don't know much.

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 6:55 AM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 8:25 AM in response to JadeAppleID

"I have an event folder that says is taking up 30GB"

The iMovie Events folder belongs to iMovie 9 and the library to iMovie 10. If you have updated projects from iMovie to iMovie 10, both versions will be sharing the same copies of your original media and you will not save space until the event is deleted from both folders. Do this from within iMovie, not with the Finder.

Geoff.

Why is my iMovie 10.0.6 event so large after deleting the content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.