Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store re-download?

Hi,

I am trying to manage my music in version 12.2.1.16 of iTunes on my MacBook Pro, running OS X (10.10.4).

I previously stored my music on an external hard drive- saving the iTunes library on it and deleting the music files from my actual computer hard drive. However, that hard drive has now given up the ghost and I would like to re-import any music from iTunes that I don't have on my macbook. A lot of music has the ! next to it and when I try to locate the music on the computer I come up empty- because it was stored on the external hard drive. However, I am unable to re-download from the iTunes Store, as iTunes believes it to already be available to my computer. Even if I delete the song from iTunes, it still appears as downloaded on the iTunes Store.

Can you advise me on next steps?

Best, Fiona.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 7:05 AM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 7:38 AM in response to fionafaraway

If they are iTunes purchases, and the versions that you bought are still in your country's store (e.g. the rights-holder hasn't removed your versions and replaced them) and you haven't moved countries since buying them, then selecting/highlighting them in the My Music part of your library (where you are getting the exclamation mark) and deleting them should get them to show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage for redownloading, and in the My Music part of your library if you have 'all music' set to show via the View menu (they should show with a cloud icon against them for redownloading) :

User uploaded file

Is that what you've tried ? And check to see if any of them are hidden from the cloud : Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

iTunes Store re-download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.