Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

low resolution pictures in Mail

Lately I'm having trouble receiving pictures from other people in Mail. Each picture comes through really low resolution when I click on it. Is there a setting I should change? I know the people sending them are sending pics taken with their camera or iPhone and they should be much better than they are. I asked them to send full size and resolution but it still comes through very small.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:34 AM

Hello caarsen,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you're seeing a low resolution photo attachment in your Mail, then you are either seeing a small preview of the photo, or the photo attachment itself is a low resolution. You can save an attachment to see the actual file that was sent by following the directions below.

Save an attachment

Do one of the following:

• In the message header area, click Details, and then click Save. Choose an attachment or Save All, and then specify where to save the attachments.
  • Choose File > Save Attachments and select a location.
  • Drag the attachment to your desktop to save it there.

Mail (Mountain Lion): View, save, and delete attachments

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 6:34 AM in response to caarsen

Hello caarsen,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you're seeing a low resolution photo attachment in your Mail, then you are either seeing a small preview of the photo, or the photo attachment itself is a low resolution. You can save an attachment to see the actual file that was sent by following the directions below.

Save an attachment

Do one of the following:

• In the message header area, click Details, and then click Save. Choose an attachment or Save All, and then specify where to save the attachments.
  • Choose File > Save Attachments and select a location.
  • Drag the attachment to your desktop to save it there.

Mail (Mountain Lion): View, save, and delete attachments

Take care.

low resolution pictures in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.