Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(rMBP 2015 15") Magic Mouse unusable during USB3 transfer

My Magic Mouse is practically unusable when there is any significant traffic on the USB bus. It just judders and lags terribly. It lags slightly when there is a drive plugged in, but if there is data transferring it is very bad indeed (currently transferring 130gb).

I bought this machine to replace my 2013 rMBP and never experienced the same issue. I frequently dump USB3 drives to my Thunderbolt RAID.

Machine specs:

rMBP 2015

2.5ghz i7

16gb Ram

512gb SSD

AMD Discreet graphics (I have graphics switching disabled and always have the machine plugged in)

Currently transferring from a USB3 WD 2.5" drive to my Akitio Thunderbolt array.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 9:17 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 2:59 PM in response to beauchampy

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

(rMBP 2015 15") Magic Mouse unusable during USB3 transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.