Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why has iPhoto stopped providing the mapping on places?

I really enjoyed looking at a map of where I'd taken photos around the world. It's a pity that Apple have 'updated' iphoto by, in my opinion making it worse. one of the reasons I bought a Mac in the first place (and now have an iMac, macbook pro and iPad as well as 2 iPhones) was the ability 'to drop a pin' on a place where a photo was taken. as I do a good amount of trekking/hill-walking it was good to see the different areas where I'd been.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 7:44 AM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 9:09 AM in response to joseph mitchell

Apple's "lease" or business deal with Google to use Google's Map for locations in iPhoto 9.4.3 and earlier ran out and Apple has not renegotiated with Google.

Apple uses its own Maps with iPhoto 9.5.1 and later and Photos. So it appears that unless Apple releases a mini fix for earlier versions of iPhoto the map for locations will not be available for those earlier versions.

User uploaded file

why has iPhoto stopped providing the mapping on places?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.