Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get podcasts from iPhone into my iTunes Library

The podcasts have been downloaded through the Podcasts App onto my iPhone, I now want to sync them into my iTunes library on my computer.

There are many questions, answers and tutorials on getting the podcasts currently in one's iTunes library synced to your iPhone, but not the other way around (getting the podcasts from the iPhone into the iTunes library on my computer).

A while back I lost a lot of special podcasts that was on my iPhone when I did a sync through iTunes onto my computer, and I don't want this to happen again. So I need to make sure.

Is it maybe a case that when I do a sync between the iPhone and iTunes, that all podcasts on my iPhone (which is not already in iTunes) will be automatically copied to my iTunes library (without me have to select anything or setup settings)? Because when selecting which podcasts to sync, I dont seem to be able to select or view the podcasts that I know are on my iPhone but not yet in iTunes. I can only select the podcasts that are already in my iTunes library to sync. Will the podcasts on my iPhone only show up in this sync list after I did a sync(which should then copy the new podcasts from my iphone to iTunes), and then they be available in the list to select next time?

Please help me, I have been trying to figure this out the whole day, and are to scared to sync which might cause me to loose my iPhone podcasts again

Thanks

Hannes

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 9:00 AM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2015 2:07 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for my delayed response.

I have read through the instructions of "Sync or Transfer Podcasts" but this still does not answer my specific question of getting specific podcasts from my iPhone into my iTunes library on my PC.

eg, There are podcast episodes on my phone that is not showing on my iTunes library, how do I get them to show?

In iTunes, even if I click on "On My Device" and then Podcasts, to show the podcasts that are supposed to be on my phone the info here is incorrect. There are episodes on my phone that do not reflect here in iTunes, surely this should not be like this?

Why is this?

I am so scared of losing episodes again.

Please help me. Please carefully read through my first post again.

This is not just a normal simple sync question (although I agree it should be simple)

Many Thanks

Hannes

How to get podcasts from iPhone into my iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.